SRB2 Shelter

Welcome to SRB2 Shelter!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SRB2 Shelter

Welcome to SRB2 Shelter!

SRB2 Shelter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

SRB2DR

Waver the hedghog
    Waver the hedghog
    New User
    New User

Posts Posts : 28

SRB2DR Empty SRB2DR

Post by Waver the hedghog Sat May 01, 2010 8:31 am

Me, Hex, and some others are making a mod called SRB2DR
    Here's a beta link
    http://www.4shared.com/file/EBdF6NU6/SRB2DR__2_.html
    Here's more info on it at
    Skybase
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Posts Posts : 823
    Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

SRB2DR Empty Re: SRB2DR

Post by Fawfulfan Sat May 01, 2010 2:30 pm

Okay, I'll try it out.

...wow, the ZIP has an enormous filesize.
    Waver the hedghog
    Waver the hedghog
    New User
    New User

Post by Waver the hedghog Sun May 02, 2010 6:24 am

fawfulfan wrote:Okay, I'll try it out.

...wow, the ZIP has an enormous filesize.

Well I have the file too. (Duh) But the file size is because of the music
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

Post by Fawfulfan Sun May 02, 2010 11:20 am

Okay, I've tried it. I'm sorry, but all of those boss levels are absolutely horrendous. You need to put effort into boss stages, just like any other level. You should never have more than one boss at the same time. You should think gimmicks through before mindlessly implementing them, like the 2D battle. And you should also improve your spelling (Grand "Finally" Zone?)

If I were you, I'd throw away EVERYTHING you've done so far and start SRB2DR over again.

Here's a tip for how to make a good boss battle: the best battles rely on the mechanics of the field (moving platforms, water, conveyor belts, whatever, epic scenery, etc.) more than the boss itself to make it challenging and fun.

Also, what does SRB2DR mean?
    Waver the hedghog
    Waver the hedghog
    New User
    New User

Post by Waver the hedghog Sun May 02, 2010 12:16 pm

fawfulfan wrote:Okay, I've tried it. I'm sorry, but all of those boss levels are absolutely horrendous. You need to put effort into boss stages, just like any other level. You should never have more than one boss at the same time. You should think gimmicks through before mindlessly implementing them, like the 2D battle. And you should also improve your spelling (Grand "Finally" Zone?)

If I were you, I'd throw away EVERYTHING you've done so far and start SRB2DR over again.

Here's a tip for how to make a good boss battle: the best battles rely on the mechanics of the field (moving platforms, water, conveyor belts, whatever, epic scenery, etc.) more than the boss itself to make it challenging and fun.

Also, what does SRB2DR mean?

Ok fawfulfan, I understand. But, I guess that's what I get for being a Newbe at mapmaking. But if I'm going to improve, I'm going to know what's wrong in full.
    What I mean is what's wrong in each level. And I just don't throw away work, I improve work. Anyway, thanks for the review. And as for what SRB2DR means is on it's info page.
    a cat
    a cat
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Posts Posts : 290

Post by a cat Mon May 03, 2010 5:24 am

I'm spriting for him.
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Fawfulfan Mon May 03, 2010 1:39 pm

Waver the hedghog wrote:
    Ok fawfulfan, I understand. But, I guess that's what I get for being a Newbe at mapmaking. But if I'm going to improve, I'm going to know what's wrong in full.
    What I mean is what's wrong in each level. And I just don't throw away work, I improve work. Anyway, thanks for the review. And as for what SRB2DR means is on it's info page.
    I know...I only wish I could be more helpful. But the thing is that every single level has precisely the same thing wrong with it. They suffer from bad texturing, a complete lack of any interesting features, and bad boss design. I'm sorry, but I honestly don't think I can get more constructive than that.
    Waver the hedghog
    Waver the hedghog
    New User
    New User

Post by Waver the hedghog Thu May 06, 2010 5:17 pm

Like I said earlier, I'm a noob at map making, And it doesn't help that no one else is helping with maps...(Just me and Hex...)
    Waver the hedghog
    Waver the hedghog
    New User
    New User

Post by Waver the hedghog Sat May 22, 2010 2:48 pm

Hey fawfulfan, you do know you could join the SRB2DR team and help out with maps. Because I can't help Hex because I'm working on Heroes War.
    Casp
    Casp
    New User
    New User

Posts Posts : 23

Post by Casp Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:40 pm

To be honest? I think maybe you should start small before making huge levels. Like, make a couple small maps and put effort into them before you go on to make big levels. Me? I'm just now attempting to make a level that is not a box with water in it, and even then it's really small. I prefer small.
    LolBird1
    LolBird1
    New User
    New User

Posts Posts : 26

Post by LolBird1 Thu May 05, 2011 7:38 pm

I SO TRY Neutral
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Fawfulfan Fri May 06, 2011 5:51 am

Uh, what the heck? I have no clue what you mean by that. And this topic is over a year old; don't bump things pointlessly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:32 am