SRB2 Shelter

Welcome to SRB2 Shelter!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SRB2 Shelter

Welcome to SRB2 Shelter!

SRB2 Shelter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
XSpeedGodX
Fawfulfan
6 posters

Triangle Legacy 2.1.1: The Best Version Yet By Far!

Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Posts Posts : 823
    Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

Triangle Legacy 2.1.1: The Best Version Yet By Far! Empty Triangle Legacy 2.1.1: The Best Version Yet By Far!

Post by Fawfulfan Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:10 pm

Triangle Legacy is back and MUCH better!
    I've been working on it since December 2008.
    The new release is TLR 2.1.1.

DOWNLOAD IT HERE!
    Triangle Legacy Revisited.zip

Basically, this game is a platformer with a tiny hint of adventure-game elements. It tells the story of Blue Triangle, a legendary hero from Shape World, as he steps outside to get some fresh air and unwittingly is sucked into an adventure in which he has to rescue characters from other video games.

WARNING!
    1. This game is really, really hard. If you're having trouble with a level (which will probably be often) go back to the Main Menu, press Spacebar, and a complete list of levels will appear. Then you can skip the offending level.
    2. This is a warning to conservative Republicans: you might be offended. A distinct liberal Democrat bias pervades the game, and there's a part where you fight Sarah Palin in a boss battle. So if you don't think you will be able to see the funny side of that, I don't recommend you download this game.

Triangle Legacy 2.1.1: The Best Version Yet By Far! 25k79dl
    Triangle Legacy 2.1.1: The Best Version Yet By Far! T9jmmf
    Triangle Legacy 2.1.1: The Best Version Yet By Far! R9fjth

CHANGELOG:

V1.0:
    Just the basic version of the game. Many parts are quite primitive, particularly in Worlds 1 and 2. Never released to the public.

V1.0.0.1:
    This version features some vast improvements to the first half of World 1, and tiny sprite improvements throughout the game. Never released to the public.

V1.1:
    There never was a Version 1.1. The numbers skipped from 1.0.0.1 directly to 1.2. Why? Just because, that's why.

V1.2:
    The first version to be released. Some tiny graphical improvements, and some of the MIDI music has been replaced with MP3.

V1.3:
    What's new in Version 1.3? The question is, what ISN'T new in Version 1.3? Here's a list of just a few of the improvements:

1. Several minor sprite improvements throughout the entire game.
    2. A couple of new sound effects.
    3. Even more new MP3 replacing old MIDI. (Note: this has significantly increased the file size!!!)
    4. A few small improvements to World 1.
    5. VAST improvements to World 2. Lots of new parallax and a more realistic sun in the sky. One or two minor glitches have been improved too. I'm afraid the major movement glitches have not been fixed. They may never be fixed, because the glitches are firmly based in the movement system, and getting rid of them would mean changing the movement.
    6. Spyro's flashback cutscene towards the end of World 2 has been entirely reconfigured. I think it's a lot better now.
    7. The download is in ZIP format instead of the raw EXE. Unfortunately, it only compressed the file by a few megabytes, but it's the thought that counts, right?
    8. There are one or two more improvements in there. See if you can spot them!

V1.4:
    This version is an enormous leap from V1.3. This is what's new:

1. The entire cutscene system has been COMPLETELY revamped. Now, instead of the speech bubbles advancing forward inexorably, they open and close with the spacebar. This way, you can slow down the cutscene to make sure you read the whole thing, or speed it up if you've already seen it and/or just want to skip it.
    2. HUGE bug fixes for World 2!!! The spinning animation has been updated to look neater, and many of the moderately problematic movement bugs have been fixed. It's still pretty buggy, but it operates better than ever now.
    3. You know that annoying problem where some of the levels take a while to start playing the background music? It's been fixed.
    4. Plenty of the levels have had improvements to the lib structure. This doesn't improve gameplay or make the EXE run more efficiently, but it will make future updates easier to create.
    5. The Credits page has been completely redone as a scrolling list. It's easier to read, and it'll also be easier for me to update it should the need arise.
    6. There are a few more minor improvements and bug fixes throughout the game. You may well find that some other minor annoyance you hate no longer exists.

V1.5:
    This contains even more improvements than 1.4! Here are just SOME of the updates:

1. First and foremost, this version has improved graphics throughout the entire game. Practically all of the levels have had noticeable graphical updates.
    2. A couple of levels have been slightly modified to be easier, look better, or just be more fun. This is not a significant change, though...Version 2 will feature more of this kind of improvement.
    3. The file size has been lowered considerably without any real loss of gameplay or graphics. Practically all unused sprites and backgrounds have been erased, shrinking the file a lot. Plus, it's in ZIP format again, to allow for slightly faster downloads!
    4. A couple of frame-transition bugs have been improved.
    5. The horrible frame lag in World 7 has been lessened somewhat.
    6. Bowser moves more slowly in battle, but he has some new tricks up his sleeve!
    7. Some new voice clips and sound effects have been added. Most notably, jumping into water creates a splashing noise now.
    8. As always, be on the lookout for some other minor improvements.

V2.0:
    This version beats the crap out of all previous versions. Here's a brief explanation of the biggest improvements:

1. First and foremost, the game is almost twice as long!!! There are no new levels, but the old ones have been completely revamped. The earlier levels have had their difficulty toned down a bit, and almost every level is much longer now.
    2. An enormous amount of glitches and typos have been corrected. Most notably, the movement glitches in World 2 are almost completely gone.
    3. Tons of new sound effects and music.
    4. Some cutscene changes, including an extra scene at the end that depicts the ultimate fate of Dr. Openform!
    5. New kinds of enemies have been added.
    6. More updates to the artwork. These changes are more extensive than those in the previous update.
    7. With all these improvements, you might think the already-large game will take up even more space on the computer. Well, the file size is actually SMALLER!

V2.1:
    1. Most important, there's now a HEALTH SYSTEM! Blue Triangle can take three hits before dying.
    2. Health Balls and Life Balls are scattered throughout the levels to heal you.
    3. At last! World 2 is now glitch-free! No more getting stuck in the ceiling.
    4. Slight graphical improvements.
    5. Another reduction in file size! Yay!

V2.1.1:
    Pretty minor update. A couple of glitches were fixed, a new sound effect was added for switches, and the file has been shrunk a little bit more.

Remember: As big as this game is, it's not complete. There will be later updates including bug fixes and new features, so if a certain glitch annoys you, it may well be eradicated in the next version.

Last edited by fawfulfan on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    XSpeedGodX
    XSpeedGodX
    Frequent User
    Frequent User

Posts Posts : 117

Triangle Legacy 2.1.1: The Best Version Yet By Far! Empty Re: Triangle Legacy 2.1.1: The Best Version Yet By Far!

Post by XSpeedGodX Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:10 pm

It looks good! Can't wait to play the final version! Very Happy
    blahblahbal
    blahblahbal
    Gold User

Posts Posts : 312

Triangle Legacy 2.1.1: The Best Version Yet By Far! Empty Re: Triangle Legacy 2.1.1: The Best Version Yet By Far!

Post by blahblahbal Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:16 pm

I haven't played this yet, but it looks pretty good. I would never be able to make a game like this. Heck, I can't even make a game period.
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

Post by Fawfulfan Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:27 pm

It's not that hard if you use Game Maker or Multimedia Fusion (the latter is what I used to make this game). It takes some time to learn how, but once you do, it's pretty easy and powerful (there's only a little code involved with Game Maker, and essentially none at all with Multimedia Fusion).
    Violo
    Violo
    Inactive Dude
    Inactive Dude

Posts Posts : 77

Post by Violo Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:31 pm

fawfulfan wrote:(there's only a little code involved with Game Maker).

Do you really want me to link you to the Sonic 360 degrees engine? That is code. Hardly any of that drag and you're done stuff. Wait, make that none. It's freaky how people do that. =O
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Fawfulfan Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:33 pm

Yeah, my statement was distorted. There's plenty of code in GM, although it is possible to make one with only a bit of coding. Such games typically don't turn out that well, though.

I stand by what I said about MMF2, though.
    Dusk
    New User
    New User

Posts Posts : 17

Post by Dusk Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:31 pm

I've made PLENTY of game maker games that are good IMO that use little to no coding. Also GML (Game Maker Language, the coding language for GM) is not so hard to use in GM8.
    blahblahbal
    blahblahbal
    Gold User

Post by blahblahbal Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Oh, and the link doesn't work anymore. Could you relink it?
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Fawfulfan Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:21 am

I did you one better. I provided a link...to a new version!
    blahblahbal
    blahblahbal
    Gold User

Post by blahblahbal Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:06 pm

Nice! I'll try it when I get home. Looks really good, Fawfulfan.
    Sonicfreak98
    Sonicfreak98
    New User
    New User

Posts Posts : 30
    Location : I'm in a random location. can you find me. well, you can't. why? because i'm in hall of mirrors!

Post by Sonicfreak98 Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:26 am

My thoughts about the game: Cool, Fun, and Amazing. Like the Fawfulfan screen. You picked a good BG, and put your avatar in the middle. I like the worlds. You even put Sonic in the game! Good selection for music. Rating: 10 out of 10.
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Fawfulfan Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:34 am

It's funny you bring up this topic again, because I only just resumed work on this game yesterday, after over a year of it gathering dust on my computer. If I ever put out a new version, it's going to be a LOT better--featuring Load/Save capabilities, more collectibles, and more.
    Sonicfreak98
    Sonicfreak98
    New User
    New User

Posts Posts : 30
    Location : I'm in a random location. can you find me. well, you can't. why? because i'm in hall of mirrors!

Post by Sonicfreak98 Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:36 am

That would be awesome! Triangle Legacy is one of my best fan games from you!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 pm