SRB2 Shelter

Welcome to SRB2 Shelter!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SRB2 Shelter

Welcome to SRB2 Shelter!

SRB2 Shelter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Srb2.srb: File is corrupt or invalid (--*CRITICAL*--)

mamaluigi
    mamaluigi
    Frequent User
    Frequent User

Posts Posts : 108

Srb2.srb: File is corrupt or invalid (--*CRITICAL*--) Empty Srb2.srb: File is corrupt or invalid (--*CRITICAL*--)

Post by mamaluigi Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:31 am

Need help! I get this message when I try to play SRB2, I tried downloading a fresh copy of srb2.srb, I still get that message! Sad
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Posts Posts : 823
    Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

Srb2.srb: File is corrupt or invalid (--*CRITICAL*--) Empty Re: Srb2.srb: File is corrupt or invalid (--*CRITICAL*--)

Post by Fawfulfan Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:20 pm

Try downloading the whole thing again, then.

Haven't you had this problem before? How did you fix it then?
    mamaluigi
    mamaluigi
    Frequent User
    Frequent User

Srb2.srb: File is corrupt or invalid (--*CRITICAL*--) Empty Re: Srb2.srb: File is corrupt or invalid (--*CRITICAL*--)

Post by mamaluigi Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:29 am

fawfulfan wrote:Try downloading the whole thing again, then.

Haven't you had this problem before? How did you fix it then?
    Well, I could just create a new SRB2 folder, and extract everything there....!
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

Post by Fawfulfan Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:01 am

Try it.
    mamaluigi
    mamaluigi
    Frequent User
    Frequent User

Post by mamaluigi Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:00 am

fawfulfan wrote:Try it.
    I tried it, it still givesme that message. Sad
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Fawfulfan Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:23 am

Did you actually download SRB2 again, and put it in that folder?

I'm sorry, beyond that, I have no idea. Just get a new computer if it can't be fixed.
    mamaluigi
    mamaluigi
    Frequent User
    Frequent User

Post by mamaluigi Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:08 am

fawfulfan wrote:Did you actually download SRB2 again, and put it in that folder?

I'm sorry, beyond that, I have no idea. Just get a new computer if it can't be fixed.
    Can't do it yet, I'm at my bros.' computer because mine screwed up, so I'll try it when it gets fixed! Smile
    GigabrowserX
    GigabrowserX
    New User
    New User

Posts Posts : 43

Post by GigabrowserX Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:41 am

Are you opened that file in SRB2 Doom Builder, SLumpED, or etc.?
    If you are, then it's corrupted.
    Or if you are renamed it to srb 2.srb (Or something like that)
    If you are, then the file is invalid.
    Sorry about my bad english, i'm goin' to learn it everyday.
    Anyways, i agreed with fawfulfan, try to re-download Sonic Robo Blast 2.
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Fawfulfan Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:19 pm

If you're just waiting for another computer to be fixed, than don't even bother with this whole process. Take a break from SRB2 until you get the reliable one back.
    FonicX
    FonicX
    New User
    New User

Posts Posts : 29

Post by FonicX Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:05 am

Yup it reminds me of my problems that no one cared to fix.Each time I ask for doom builder help they banned me I read the wiki they ban me I say something bad they banned me.Next thing you know Im in the bathroom and I come back they banned me for no apparent reason. Mad
    jet
    jet
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Posts Posts : 207
    Location : Don't look in jail because I'm not there... No really I'm not!

Post by jet Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:00 pm

If this is a problem opening the game then i know how to fix it.... I think... If you try to use the updater for 2.0.6 it screws up that file so just redownload the 2.0.6 file Razz Thats all I know. It happend to me before.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:41 pm