SRB2 Shelter

Welcome to SRB2 Shelter!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SRB2 Shelter

Welcome to SRB2 Shelter!

SRB2 Shelter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Kyasarin
a cat
6 posters

SRB2 Adventure: Eggman Strikes Back

a cat
    a cat
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Posts Posts : 290

SRB2 Adventure: Eggman Strikes Back Empty SRB2 Adventure: Eggman Strikes Back

Post by a cat Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:55 pm

Hello I want to introduce my mod. It will in the end have 50 acts to play. I shall tell you guys the story first.

STORY: Sonic is taking a vacation away from empire city when all of a sudden Tails appears. He warns Sonic that at sundown Eggman will conquer the world. Now Sonic has to rush to the heaven known as Bolt Gardens. Once there Sonic will have to face off with a NEW foe tougher than Dark Gaia. Can Sonic chase him down or has he met his match?

ZONES:
    Cape Cod: A land in the sea with tons of beach lands. Then you have to climb to the tallest sand castle and cross the lake. Then to deal with a fleet of robots and puzzles in the village.

Magic Forest: A beautiful forest on the island. This is when Sonic must go to the magic well to obtain magic. With this magic Sonic may reach out of reach places.

Bolt Gardens: A beautiful garden where Chao live. Do not stop with the Chao because in time the area will fall apart. You only have 30 minutes to cross this zone.

Dark Caverns: Some of the ruins of Bolt Gardens are here so be prepared for that big jump. Eggman has sent out his robots to destroy this place. Now it is flooded with water. While here watch out for secret stuff.

Chun-Nan: Sonic leaves the caves and he finds out he is in China. There is a lot of water here because of the ruins crashing but it is not as bad. If you see a dark room here take it for a surprise.

Empire City (name to change?) Sonic's hometown of pea.. I mean violence?! Eggman is destroying his city. Be carfull here for icy roads, pits and destroyed paths. Also be on a lookout for Boltslime and megamac. Eggmans army is here too.

Desert of Tricks : a very HOT desert with tons of sand. Who knows what is in here because no one escaped alive. Even worse eggman set up tons of traps to get to the last chaos emerald. And steal the master emerald. This level is also home to a giant dragon so be ready for a fight that will end you.

?? Zone : This is Eggmans hideout. He built this base with all his old ones. The only way you might be able to survive all the ghosts robots and bosses is with the chaos emeralds. Good luck and the dragon is teamed up with bolt.

Other Zones will come soon.
    CHARACTERS:

Sonic (0%)
    Tails (75%)
    Knux (0%)
    Amy (0%)
    Bolt (100%)
    Silver (100%)
    Werehog (0%)
    Tropica The Fox (0%)

Screenies of made level are at:
    http://bioniclenators.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=putyourlevelshere&action=display&thread=10&page=1

Cape Cod 30%
    Magic Forest 0%
    Empire City 0%

All levels are being remade. There progress is above. Screenies of them come soon.

Offical Site acalicocat.proboard.com

The team:
    A cat - levels
    Bolt - characters and sprites
    Blahblahbal - testing and music
    ? - socing needed

I need tons of help. This mod will have about 100 maps! PM me if you want a full list of levels.

Special Thanks:
    Sky the Destroyer - for helping to soc
    Jellybones - 1 of his levels

Last edited by a cat on Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kyasarin
    Kyasarin
    Gold User

Posts Posts : 77

SRB2 Adventure: Eggman Strikes Back Empty Re: SRB2 Adventure: Eggman Strikes Back

Post by Kyasarin Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:22 pm

Kyasarin wrote:
    Cape Cod Zone, Act 1
    • The waterfall at the start looked ridiculous. Too big, it has no source, and it's just there for no reason.
    • The entrance to the cave was badly done. There's nothing but sky surrounding the caves, the hole is too small, and the entrance should feel more grand.
    • The quicksand gimmick was lame. You can mistakenly go all the way to the top and die, or wait several minutes until you finally hit the "bottom." There's no hint of direction in there, so I got confused at the start. Not to mention that the whole thing looks ridiculous (a random pillar of quicksand, and you can see that your character seems to be standing on nothing), and it breaks the flow.
    • After it is a cramped tunnel. And that's it. The level's over.
    • The Chaos Emerald is far too easy to get.
    • There's absolutely no scenery. The level looks very plain, it feels nothing like a beach, and it's the same textures on each wall.
    • The level's a cramped, linear corridor.

Cape Cod Zone, Act 2

• There's another weirdly-placed waterfall. It's out of nowhere, has no source, and it just doesn't feel right.
    • The entire building area is useless. You can jump over the pit regularly instead of wasting all that time.
    • The lasers don't fit the theme and kill the enemies before they do anything.
    • The Archer robots are bad enemies because they're so slow, and they don't have enough time to hit you because there's so much room to avoid them.
    • The Springs on top of the building are pointless.
    • All the buildings in the "town" look the same.
    • Aside from the building, the entire level is a cramped, linear corridor.
    • There's a wall in the town that seems to be only passable with Tails or Knuckles.
    • The water pools hurt you like lava, and it's solid. You can just grab your Rings again and again and avoid it. Make it a transparent liquid, and make it a death pit.
    • The five 1-Ups in the laser thing is easy to get due to the invincibility and Speed Shoes you can get earlier. And, you can ram into it and get it while you're still flashing.
    • The ledges are too small and the "platforming" is too basic.
    • After the easy platforming is a long, boring stretch of running.
    • The "slimefalls" being solid doesn't make any sense and makes the level impossible to beat as Sonic.
    • The ending is sudden, and there's no sign.[/align]

Cape Code Zone, Act 3
    • The map's misnamed in the header.
    • The map doesn't come after Act 2.
    • The "slope" doesn't feel like a slope, and there's way too many Rings.
    • After the "slope", it's a boring boss fight in a small, box-shaped room. The ceiling is far too high in it.
    • There's just no scenery at all.

(Unnamed Jungle Zone)
    • The map has no header of its own. It has the same music, background, and name choice as Techno Hill Zone, Act 1.
    • There's a "slimefall", which is solid, and out of place.
    • It's just running in a long, cramped hallway with a bunch of trees at the start.
    • The skinny, wooden path you walk on can be easily skipped, and it's not a good idea in the first place.
    • The wooden bridge is weird. It goes down far too much and too quickly, and it would probably be a good idea just to keep it straight.
    • After this is a wide, open room. There's some skinny paths, which is another bad idea. The jumps are too high for Sonic, the Spring in the "tree" doesn't work properly, there's nothing on the floor below but a single Spring and nothing else, and right after this is the end, which is far too early.
    • The level's far too linear.
    • Again, it just looks ugly.

Overall
    Overall, this level pack was terrible. Each level had no fun gameplay whatsover, there's a ton of cramped hallways, bad scenery, linearity, and flatness. There's no replay value and a lot of unused space with nothing in it. There's just no content.
    The only thing I liked was the song in the first level.
    0/10

Also, just who the hell are you? Shawnthesponge, WEREHOG, and you are all posting the same exact level pack, but each post has different grammar, and you're all claiming it as your own.
    And Jellybones's level is easily better than all this.
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Posts Posts : 823
    Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

SRB2 Adventure: Eggman Strikes Back Empty Re: SRB2 Adventure: Eggman Strikes Back

Post by Fawfulfan Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:09 pm

Kyasarin, he IS shawnthesponge. He just has different names on different forums. I think WEREHOG is his brother or something, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: I just played this mod.

I'm not saying there's no way it can be improved, but this WAD is currently appallingly bad. First of all, the MAINCFG lump is totally messed up. All the levels in Cape Cod Zone are labeled "Act 1", and the zone after that doesn't seem to have any level header at all.

The first level is unplayable. The design is cramped, appallingly glitchy, and makes absolutely no sense. It didn't even have a sufficient Thok Barrier. I had to use the console to get to level 2.

The second level is better, but still not that great. It's jam-packed full of enemies, and most of those enemies have no business being in a beach-themed level.

The third level...whoa, it sent me to THZ2! I had to use the console to get there. Actually, it wasn't that bad, but it was a forgettable battle. Why was there an enormous Egg Capsule-textured post in the middle? I figured it would do something when I beat Eggman, but it didn't.

The fourth level was cramped and empty, and the springs hardly ever worked the way they were supposed to.

Now, I know this is a W.I.P., and sometimes early versions of levels are bad. Therefore, let me offer you some advice on how to make it better:

1. Fix up the MAINCFG lump. If there are problems in there, it won't matter if it's the best mod in the world; it'll be annoying to have to jump to stuff via the console, and the act numbers have to be corrected.

2. Get rid of level one entirely. It's just so bad that there's no hope for it to become anything decent. Start over, and try to base it on the elements you like best about other people's mods. That'll be a good way to begin.

3. You might be able to turn level two into something good, but you need to get rid of the enemies and add some sector-based scenery.

4. You should probably get rid of the fourth level too, and start it over.
    a cat
    a cat
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Post by a cat Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:59 pm

Actually I am redoing level 1 which is better. Next Werehog is me as I wanted to be more liked on the community a new begining and I did not make the level header, Blahblahbal is doing that. I'll pm him now.

EDIT: I pmed him.
    EDIT JR: How do I make a egg capsule work right?
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

Post by Fawfulfan Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:25 pm

It's very hard to explain how to properly make an Egg Capsule. What I do whenever I need to make them is open up the map for GFZ 3 and look how it was done there, then create identical FOFs and linedefs and stuff.
    XSpeedGodX
    XSpeedGodX
    Frequent User
    Frequent User

Posts Posts : 117

Post by XSpeedGodX Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:18 pm

I like the idea of the mod but why put fan characters in it? Why can't the character line ups be
    Sonic
    Tails
    Knuckles
    Shadow
    Silver
    Metal Sonic
    Amy
    and Blaze?
    a cat
    a cat
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Post by a cat Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:37 pm

Well I might as well explain the story of the game being made.

4 months ago, I was playing a netgame with Bolt the L. for the first time. Then I told him about my mod, and I asked if he could sprite for me. He said he would help if his wads, Silver and Bolt the L. were in the game. My game also needed a storyline so he will be fought many times in the game with tons of attacks. (if I get soccers) Tropica is planned to be just a addon wad for the game as she is a supporting character. Lastly I cannot give out info about Shadow, Metal Sonic and Blaze.
    LolBird1
    LolBird1
    New User
    New User

Posts Posts : 26

Post by LolBird1 Fri May 06, 2011 2:42 pm

well done wad is a than i have other wads
    is in my4shared and in my folder of srb2
    *link removed*
    a cat
    a cat
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Post by a cat Fri May 06, 2011 4:33 pm

I have a brand new release coming soon with much more and BETTER content!

SRB2 Adventure: Eggman Strikes Back Ekm8ic
    SRB2 Adventure: Eggman Strikes Back 25hfk0g

SRB2 Adventure: Eggman Strikes Back Zsl7xe
    SRB2 Adventure: Eggman Strikes Back 2q23byu
    SRB2 Adventure: Eggman Strikes Back Zvrchs
    SRB2 Adventure: Eggman Strikes Back 20ponr5
    SRB2 Adventure: Eggman Strikes Back 4jngix
    SRB2 Adventure: Eggman Strikes Back Vy8u8w
    SRB2 Adventure: Eggman Strikes Back 1zw16ax
    SRB2 Adventure: Eggman Strikes Back Zkihjk
    SRB2 Adventure: Eggman Strikes Back 2ai3r88
    SRB2 Adventure: Eggman Strikes Back M960ih

I also renamed my mod to Sonic Cape Cod. So how do you like these?

June 17, 2011
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Fawfulfan Fri May 06, 2011 6:57 pm

Wait, so this is now Cape Cod? What about your old Cape Cod?
    a cat
    a cat
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Post by a cat Sat May 07, 2011 6:26 am

The original plan was a 50 level game called Sonic Gold. I had most of the levels drawn out on paper because I havent discovered SRB2 yet. Unfortantly I lost 40 of the levels I drew on paper Crying or Very sad so I had to restart beginning with Oil Factory which is what would later be Slime Headquaters. I also had the one act of Rainy Jungle. The original plan was Cape Cod being one zone. But after planning the NEW set of levels like beach bash, lava reef (yes the same one in the OLDC) and a new act of Rainy Jungle(in the OLDC. Beach Bash was part of Cape Cod zone but soon I decided to make a beach level of my own! But what would I name it? Earlier that year I went to Cape Cod and I saw a beach named Buzzards Bay which is where the crash zone you saw in my 1st OLDC(JanFeb10). Then nobody really gave me critizism. So after my first mess I created Oil Factory (sucked to but later remade in the summer to a real early Slime HQ). Then short after the March April 10 OLDC I decided to enter a once again crap level Bolt Gardens. Hated because of it being unbeatable as Sonic which I never played as him before. So then I decided I was done with the OLDC. I let my friend down who told me to create Bolt Gardens and use Bolt as the villian. So in that time I began the 1st room in the October November OLDC Rainy Jungle Act 1. But a few days before the OLDC I decided to give it one more chance. I created the current Buzzards Bay Zone and recieved a 4.45. So then I made a new Bolt Gardens, Lava Reef, Slime Headquaters and eventually entered the Rainy Jungle. So last I renamed the game because in the end SRB2 will be a diffrent game from Cape Cod meaning that they will be 2 seperate games. At the next release on June 17th, I will have a new EXE with it and then eventually Cineblast and X merged together! In the next version there will be a small city, Angel Island, new rainy jungle 2 and Bolt Gardens final complete form.
    a cat
    a cat
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Post by a cat Sat May 07, 2011 7:00 am

Just made this.
    a cat
    a cat
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Post by a cat Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:43 pm

Just a little something to keep you hanging...

SRB2 Adventure: Eggman Strikes Back 28jgxew
    SRB2 Adventure: Eggman Strikes Back 214qqfq
    SRB2 Adventure: Eggman Strikes Back Ff8h3c

Coming August 2011.
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Fawfulfan Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:21 am

I'd tone down the precision jumping a bit if I were you. That looks like hell for a Sonic player.
    a cat
    a cat
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Post by a cat Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:32 am

Actually those platforms are close together. The player just has to make a normal jump 9 times out of 10. Also any ideas for this sky zone?
    DTH123
    DTH123
    New User
    New User

Posts Posts : 21

Post by DTH123 Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:51 am

cape cod is awsoume

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 11:23 pm