SRB2 Shelter

Welcome to SRB2 Shelter!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SRB2 Shelter

Welcome to SRB2 Shelter!

SRB2 Shelter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Fawfulfan
N.Cenz/CtseFan
Kyasarin
a cat
8 posters

School good or bad

a cat
    a cat
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Posts Posts : 290

School good or bad Empty School good or bad

Post by a cat Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:03 pm

In your opinion is school good or bad. I think it is bad because I break my back with those dumb heavy books. I think it should be you watch a video or something to learn. No need for havey books.
    Kyasarin
    Kyasarin
    Gold User

Posts Posts : 77

School good or bad Empty Re: School good or bad

Post by Kyasarin Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:16 pm

I don't like school. I couldn't care less about actually attending it.
    Homework is a big problem, though. The bottom line is: Students don't do it. They always cheat off of others and from answer booklets, and they won't learn anything. They're still get good grades and pass, regardless of what they actually know. To fix that, instead of assigning us work to do at home, there should simply be tests and quizzes, heavily monitored, to prevent cheating.

And, uh, those "dumb, 'havey'" books are helping you get an education.
    a cat
    a cat
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Post by a cat Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:21 pm

That it does alnog with my ususual honor role. But I am in pain. Those books hurt my back.
    N.Cenz/CtseFan
    N.Cenz/CtseFan
    New User
    New User

Posts Posts : 8

Post by N.Cenz/CtseFan Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:28 am

Sometimes It Can be good and can give you some entertainment, Specially when you're random enough to do crazy things (My Case)
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Posts Posts : 823
    Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

Post by Fawfulfan Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:17 pm

I love my school, because they don't give a lot of homework. And I'm going to college in four months...I've got some good choices from the list of universities that have accepted me. I'm pretty nervous about that, but I'm also excited.
    N.Cenz/CtseFan
    N.Cenz/CtseFan
    New User
    New User

Post by N.Cenz/CtseFan Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:20 pm

May The force luck Be with you Fawfulfan Very Happy
    a cat
    a cat
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Post by a cat Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:23 pm

What class are you taking?
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

Post by Fawfulfan Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:47 pm

Do you mean what classes am I taking now in high school, or what I'm planning to major in when I'm in college?
    a cat
    a cat
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Post by a cat Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:17 am

Both. Last night I had hommwork all night!
    N.Cenz/CtseFan
    N.Cenz/CtseFan
    New User
    New User

Post by N.Cenz/CtseFan Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:22 pm

well, I had to collect some materials, research about Austria, do homeworks and Draw a map of Egypt ...in less than 2 days, School Can be painful sometimes D:
    mamaluigi
    mamaluigi
    Frequent User
    Frequent User

Posts Posts : 108

Post by mamaluigi Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:24 am

For me, School is very painful... Sad First of all, no one likes stuff I like, so I get no friends, and the homework is the doomsday...! It cuts of our free time, and in my country, it's pointless, but we still have to do it! That's the reason I always want to be ill, and if I'm lucky, I can stay at home for a week, just because I barfed on Sunday!(This happened like 3 times in my life.)

(User has posted his 100th post, and achived the rank "Frequent User".)
    a cat
    a cat
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Post by a cat Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:35 am

Other nights a rare thing like last night had no HOMEWORK besiddes studying which took me 20 minutes top. We also have to read the lamest books including shakespare. I am also learning high school algebra and science. In 3 of my classes I have videos to watch instead of books. However being a new kid in school gets all sorts of people to think your cool. If you get honors or high honors people want to be friends with you. At my school everyone says sonic is lame.
    mamaluigi
    mamaluigi
    Frequent User
    Frequent User

Posts Posts : 108

Post by mamaluigi Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:02 am

a cat wrote:Other nights a rare thing like last night had no HOMEWORK besiddes studying which took me 20 minutes top. We also have to read the lamest books including shakespare. I am also learning high school algebra and science. In 3 of my classes I have videos to watch instead of books. However being a new kid in school gets all sorts of people to think your cool. If you get honors or high honors people want to be friends with you. At my school everyone says sonic is lame.
    Here, they think Mario is lame, they also never heard of Sonic, if they would, they'd say "lame" for Sonic, too.... Sad
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Fawfulfan Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:21 am

At my school, my friends know about Sonic and Mario, but...well, they don't think he's "lame", but they don't really talk about them much. They're more into other things.
    a cat
    a cat
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Post by a cat Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:28 am

I am going on a trip today so I have no school! Rolling Eyes
    blahblahbal
    blahblahbal
    Gold User

Posts Posts : 312

Post by blahblahbal Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:55 am

For me, since I've been in school for almost thirteen years now, it's become a bit of a routine, but I still don't like it all that much.
    a cat
    a cat
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Post by a cat Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:25 pm

Hey if school involved taking trips to big cities and coming back at the end of school it would be nice.
    ultrasonic99099
    ultrasonic99099
    New User
    New User

Posts Posts : 26

Post by ultrasonic99099 Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:31 pm

for me no one likes sonic, all they like is cod black ops Sad
    cbmitde
    New User
    New User

Posts Posts : 3

Post by cbmitde Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:27 am

\
    Going in to grad school, I was nervous and had lots of doubts. I had no clue if I was actually ready for graduate-level work and research and if I had chosen the right program. At this point, I've been in graduate school for about a month and a half, which isn't super long, but I think it's long enough to give me a decent feel for my program.

I'm half a semester in, and I'm absolutely loving my grad program. My cohort is wonderful - we've organized a weekly anime watching group, we go to movies a lot, eat lunch together, have game nights, go to parties...it's just a fun group of people. My classes are challenging, but manageable and interesting. My classmates are really smart, and people pull together before assignments are due to help each other out. In my undergrad, I had a really tiny department (class size averaged 3-4 students, and each class was only taught every other year), so being surrounded by so many students who are genuinely interested in and good at computer science is a new and wonderful experience. The professors in the department are all very friendly and helpful and get along with each other - there's a lot of collaboration. There are 3 weekly lunch-talks in systems, machine learning, and computational social science where we can get free food and listen to interesting (or not-so-interesting) talks. My advisor is wonderful. I only got a research project two days ago because the lab's been very busy and my advisor's been trying to think of a good project for me, but everyone in my lab gets along really well and works together a lot. There was a big deadline two weeks ago where the entire lab pulled together to finish one project in time, which was kind of cool to be a part of.

There. I just wanted to share my excitement with other graduate students and see if anyone else is feeling similarly. I see a lot of topics about people having problems with their grad program which has left me wondering how many new students are enjoying grad life. It's just such a weight off my shoulders to feel, after agonizing about it for the past year, that I've actually made the right decision.
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Fawfulfan Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:07 am

Err...I don't think there are an awful lot of grad students here. I'm a college sophomore myself, and I think most everyone else is around 9 or 10. But hey, adding to the diversity of the place is nice too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content