SRB2 Shelter

Welcome to SRB2 Shelter!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SRB2 Shelter

Welcome to SRB2 Shelter!

SRB2 Shelter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Fawfulfan
mamaluigi
6 posters

srb2.srb: File is corrupt or invalid

mamaluigi
    mamaluigi
    Frequent User
    Frequent User

Posts Posts : 108

srb2.srb: File is corrupt or invalid Empty srb2.srb: File is corrupt or invalid

Post by mamaluigi Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:38 am

I get a message like that whenever I run SRB2, and I tried downloading a new copy but no changes! No
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Posts Posts : 823
    Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

srb2.srb: File is corrupt or invalid Empty Re: srb2.srb: File is corrupt or invalid

Post by Fawfulfan Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:22 am

Maybe you should try downloading an entirely new copy of EVERYTHING, not just srb2.srb.

In future, I recommend that you keep a copy of the file on hand, and whenever you need to open the file, open the copy instead.
    mamaluigi
    mamaluigi
    Frequent User
    Frequent User

srb2.srb: File is corrupt or invalid Empty Re: srb2.srb: File is corrupt or invalid

Post by mamaluigi Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:52 am

fawfulfan wrote:Maybe you should try downloading an entirely new copy of EVERYTHING, not just srb2.srb.

In future, I recommend that you keep a copy of the file on hand, and whenever you need to open the file, open the copy instead.
    Yes, I downloaded every file, and nothing! <Sad It seems like I'm never gonna play SRB2 again...
    Kyasarin
    Kyasarin
    Gold User

Posts Posts : 77

Post by Kyasarin Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:41 am

fawfulfan wrote:Maybe you should try downloading an entirely new copy of EVERYTHING, not just srb2.srb.
    That makes no sense. Why redownload files that aren't the source of the problem?

mamaluigi wrote:It seems like I'm never gonna play SRB2 again...
    Not like you're missing much.

If you've renamed srb2.srb to "srb2.wad" (or you have any file in the same folder as srb2win.exe), delete that file, and try again.
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

Post by Fawfulfan Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:01 pm

Kyasarin wrote:That makes no sense. Why redownload files that aren't the source of the problem?
    Well, it's certainly no less likely to fix the problem, and it makes a cleaner job of it.
    Kyasarin wrote:Not like you're missing much.
    I think this topic operates under the assumption that he wants to play SRB2 again. I honestly don't think debating that is going to help.

Anyway...that's really strange. Can you remember anything you did prior to this error?
    mamaluigi
    mamaluigi
    Frequent User
    Frequent User

Post by mamaluigi Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:12 pm

fawfulfan wrote:
    Kyasarin wrote:That makes no sense. Why redownload files that aren't the source of the problem?
    Well, it's certainly no less likely to fix the problem, and it makes a cleaner job of it.
    Kyasarin wrote:Not like you're missing much.
    I think this topic operates under the assumption that he wants to play SRB2 again. I honestly don't think debating that is going to help.

Anyway...that's really strange. Can you remember anything you did prior to this error?

I wanted to make a map called ,,Creepy Graveyard Zone", and I just made a thok barrier and a working simple map that contains one player start! I test it, and now it gives me this message! I only know that I never had problems with maps like this, and it only does this to me since that test! Sad
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Fawfulfan Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:24 pm

And...now you're getting this message every time you load up SRB2?
    mamaluigi
    mamaluigi
    Frequent User
    Frequent User

Post by mamaluigi Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:06 am

fawfulfan wrote:And...now you're getting this message every time you load up SRB2?
    Yes, even if I test using DB...
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Fawfulfan Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:17 pm

You're POSITIVE that you just downloaded a completely new copy of the game, tried it, and it didn't work?

If that's the case, then I have no suggestions, other than getting a new computer.
    Kyasarin
    Kyasarin
    Gold User

Post by Kyasarin Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:05 pm

mamaluigi wrote:Yes, even if I test using DB...
    That's exactly the same as playing it regularly, except a command to add tempmap.wad is put in the command line.

Are you sure you don't have an "srb2.wad" file in your computer? Did you try installing SRB2 into an entirely new directory?
    mamaluigi
    mamaluigi
    Frequent User
    Frequent User

Post by mamaluigi Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:50 am

Kyasarin wrote:
    mamaluigi wrote:Yes, even if I test using DB...
    That's exactly the same as playing it regularly, except a command to add tempmap.wad is put in the command line.

Are you sure you don't have an "srb2.wad" file in your computer? Did you try installing SRB2 into an entirely new directory?
    Wow, you just brought up the solution...! XD Thanks, anyway! HOWEVER it's gonna be a mistery forever why the map made SRB2.srb fail...
    Kyasarin
    Kyasarin
    Gold User

Post by Kyasarin Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:49 pm

A map can't possibly make srb2.srb mess up. That's completely impossible.
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Fawfulfan Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:41 pm

I agree...I doubt very much that it has to do with the map. Something else must have happened.
    Casp
    Casp
    New User
    New User

Posts Posts : 23

Post by Casp Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:12 pm

My 1.094 SRB2 broke, and I didn;t fix it until earlier this year. Luckily, I had a copy of the whole folder, so I took all the stuff and copied it back to the old folder, and it worked! Very Happy
    Giga
    Giga
    New User
    New User

Posts Posts : 24

Post by Giga Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:17 am

He put his own map into his SRB2.SRB file. That's what made it crash, I think.
    Steel Titanium
    Steel Titanium
    New User
    New User

Posts Posts : 9

Post by Steel Titanium Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:33 pm

Giga wrote:He put his own map into his SRB2.SRB file. That's what made it crash, I think.
    That or he had a virus that aways corrupt SRB2.SRB
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Fawfulfan Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:29 am

Extremely unlikely. Don't just say things that are blatantly ridiculous.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:20 pm