SRB2 Shelter

Welcome to SRB2 Shelter!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SRB2 Shelter

Welcome to SRB2 Shelter!

SRB2 Shelter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

The SRB2 WAD requests forum has been changed a bit...

Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Posts Posts : 823
    Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

The SRB2 WAD requests forum has been changed a bit... Empty Considering closure of SRB2 WAD requests forum

Post by Fawfulfan Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:42 am

When this forum was first created, it was supposed to be an added perk over any other SRB2 message board that you could ask for extra assistance in the construction of WADs. But this forum has proven to be a nightmare; everyone is content to just post their ideas for fancharacters and assume that someone else is going to make them and do all the stuff they don't take the time to learn how to do. Unless anyone here can make a sound case for this forum's continued existence, it will be closed and eliminated entirely.

Discuss.
    XSpeedGodX
    XSpeedGodX
    Frequent User
    Frequent User

Posts Posts : 117

The SRB2 WAD requests forum has been changed a bit... Empty Re: The SRB2 WAD requests forum has been changed a bit...

Post by XSpeedGodX Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:53 am

Well actually, I am one of those that is making a fancharacter but going to release it soon because I AM actually making it. You shouldn't close down this forum but instead, give the users who assume that someone is going to make them the fancharacter a tempban(Or instaban Neutral).
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

The SRB2 WAD requests forum has been changed a bit... Empty Re: The SRB2 WAD requests forum has been changed a bit...

Post by Fawfulfan Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:34 am

That wouldn't do. The point is that the forum was intended to allow people to ask for the creation of projects. As fancharacters are pretty much all anyone asks for in there, that would still make it pointless. Additionally, I don't want to start handing out whimsical bans; if there were bannable exceptions on that forum, it would confuse everyone.
    Chaos Knux
    Chaos Knux
    New User
    New User

Posts Posts : 16

Post by Chaos Knux Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:16 pm

Perhaps instate a set of minimum changes for requested wads.

Example:
    More than a color swap
    More than adding a hat
    etc.
    jet
    jet
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Posts Posts : 207
    Location : Don't look in jail because I'm not there... No really I'm not!

Post by jet Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:09 pm

you should make people show proof that they atleast tried to make whatever it is first.
    a cat
    a cat
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Posts Posts : 290

Post by a cat Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:31 am

A rule on no fan characters unless it is a real good one. Not a Sonic recolor or something.
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Fawfulfan Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:49 pm

The problem with that is that the only thing that identifies really good fancharacters is spriting. And if the person is good at spriting, he wouldn't be asking for other people to make the WAD for him.
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Fawfulfan Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:33 am

Fawfulfan wrote:The problem with that is that the only thing that identifies really good fancharacters is spriting. And if the person is good at spriting, he wouldn't be asking for other people to make the WAD for him.

OKAY: I have officially done this. The "Can you make this WAD?" forum is no more, but people are still allowed to request conversions or fresh links to existing WADs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 6:04 pm