SRB2 Shelter

Welcome to SRB2 Shelter!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SRB2 Shelter

Welcome to SRB2 Shelter!

SRB2 Shelter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Save the City level pack

Furnardan
    Furnardan
    New User
    New User

Posts Posts : 27

Save the City level pack Empty Save the City level pack

Post by Furnardan Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:17 pm

I have no pics because I'm not that far yet, and I have to figure-out how to get the SRB2 doom builder to work on my new vista computer, since the previous computer I worked on is no longer around for me. I'll post pics as soon as I am able to.

Basically, a set of levels following a plot about Eggman invading a random city. Sonic and the team will go through varying sectors of this city as they track-down Eggman and stop his madness!

I'm trying to find as many gimmicks and develop as many gimmicks as possible for these levels that will set them apart from any other generic level. The levels will be generally straight forward in the sense that there will be one direct route to go, but there will be alternate areas/special locations that only specific characters can reach. I plan to make the levels not only fast to run through, but filled with flavor for the eye, such as reaching a dead-end only to be bounced across the map to another location, running from enemies into a building, only to have the character bounce from wall to wall till they reach the top of the skyscraper((If only I could shift gravity sideways, oh well)), then leaping off into a different sector, running across a long bridge, then turning around and speeding across it upsidedown((which I have figured-out the plans for all these)). Gimmicks and stuff that keeps the player in a rush.

You know what I would love to add, yet I have no clue how? A grading system for the levels! Just think how much replay value a level could hive if you got graded for it? Such as, getting a bronze, silver or gold? Too bad I don't know this system's coding... I don't even know how possible that is, but I'd figure it wouldn't be beyond doable.

If anyone has any crazy ideas for a city run-through, please let me know! ^^
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Posts Posts : 823
    Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

Save the City level pack Empty Re: Save the City level pack

Post by Fawfulfan Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:49 am

Please do post some evidence soon. I'll allow this because you seem to have a clear image of the project in your head. However, in future, please don't post something like this until you're far along enough to have pics or a beta or something.
    Furnardan
    Furnardan
    New User
    New User

Post by Furnardan Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:52 am

The problem is I have a new computer and doom builder hates it... I have the wad with the first level set-out, but I left out too many textures to take screenies with. On the 10th of this month, I'm going back to live at the university, and they have XP's for me to work with day and night. I'll quickly have something ready to show by 2 weeks.
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

Post by Fawfulfan Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:57 am

Have you tried using the "Run as Administrator" option when running Doom Builder?

Also, are you using regular Doom Builder? If so, switch to SRB2 Doom Builder. It's much better.
    Furnardan
    Furnardan
    New User
    New User

Post by Furnardan Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:58 am

I can't believe it was that simple... run as adminstrator and it works. *facepalm*

Thanks so much! Now I can finally get back to work! I'll have something ready for ya by the end of today or tomorrow! Very Happy
    Furnardan
    Furnardan
    New User
    New User

Post by Furnardan Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:20 pm

I keep getting this error that randomly occurs when I save sometimes, then the whole wad file is corrupt and won't load again! >.< Stupid Problems with Vista!

I may still have to wait if I can't get by this, I'm forced to make a back up after every successful save I make.

:::EDIT::: I'm figuring it out, it seems to be very picky with Vista though. |:\
    Furnardan
    Furnardan
    New User
    New User

Post by Furnardan Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:52 pm

*triple post*

Ya, I'm not doing this until I get on an XP at the school, next week actually. Too much for me to have to put-up with. You can leave or delete this topic for now I guess, until I get things situated. XO This stupid thing's about to make me burn a house down!! >.>... Maby I'll just go work on Ace the Turkey instead.
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Fawfulfan Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:18 am

At my school, the principal always fights very hard to make sure XP is on our computers. He hates Vista...but I bet he'll eventually want to use Windows 7. I've heard it's really good...or at least a lot better than Vista.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 8:40 am