SRB2 Shelter

Welcome to SRB2 Shelter!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SRB2 Shelter

Welcome to SRB2 Shelter!

SRB2 Shelter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Sonic Colors Music Pack ideas

Sonicfreak98
    Sonicfreak98
    New User
    New User

Posts Posts : 30
    Location : I'm in a random location. can you find me. well, you can't. why? because i'm in hall of mirrors!

Sonic Colors Music Pack ideas Empty Sonic Colors Music Pack ideas

Post by Sonicfreak98 Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:48 pm

I need ideas for a Sonic Colors Music Pack wad for SRB2. If you have some, post them here.
    My Sonic Colors Music:
    Greenflower Zone 1: Tropical Resort Act 1
    Techno Hill Zone 1: Sweet Mountain Act 1
    Deep Sea Zone 1: Planet Wisp Act 1
    Speed Shoes: Cyan Laser
    -------------------------------------------
    Amazing isn't it?
    Make sure there's a download link.
    Also, Be sure to put the original level name and act, and the Sonic Colors level and act.
    Oh, By the way, Sign up for SRB2 Releases!
    Giga
    Giga
    New User
    New User

Posts Posts : 24

Sonic Colors Music Pack ideas Empty Re: Sonic Colors Music Pack ideas

Post by Giga Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:21 am

Why not make the wad yourself, if you have a wad editor and the soundtrack?
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Posts Posts : 823
    Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

Post by Fawfulfan Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:36 am

And even if you did, you can't post it here. Music packs are where I draw the line. Unless you make the music yourself, they are completely uncreative and uninspired, and take up too much space.
    Giga
    Giga
    New User
    New User

Posts Posts : 24

Post by Giga Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:16 pm

Unless you use .OGG or .WAV files, they take up shit tons of space.
    Sonicfreak98
    Sonicfreak98
    New User
    New User

Posts Posts : 30
    Location : I'm in a random location. can you find me. well, you can't. why? because i'm in hall of mirrors!

Post by Sonicfreak98 Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:23 pm

come on guys, i'm using XWE. anyone has mp3s for the ideas? don't even fight about my cruddy wad. Fawfunfan, i don't care, you said after you locked my "Upcoming Character" topic, "Post your WIP wads in the Editing." I didn't mean not. now can we just please start coming up with ideas?
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Posts Posts : 823
    Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

Post by Fawfulfan Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:15 am

Where you post this isn't the point; I already told you that music packs are not allowed. They fall under the "No Plagiarism" rule, because they don't have a single speck of your own work. If you made a level pack, added Sonic Colors music, and gave credit where necessary, it would be fine. If you composed your own music and made a WAD for it, that would also be fine. If you just slap together a bunch of sound files from other games and call it a day, that isn't acceptable. You also can't just shoot down criticism. The author of a project is not the arbiter of whether it is good or not; the people who use it are the judges of that.

If you really want to make something, do a level. I recommend a Single Player level. And this time, put some actual time and effort into it. And take criticism seriously; it is a window through which you can more objectively understand how good or otherwise your work is.

Think long and hard about what you're doing the next time you make an announcement about a new project.
    SpiritCrusher
    Administrator
    Administrator

Posts Posts : 31

Post by SpiritCrusher Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:32 am

Giga wrote:Unless you use .OGG or .WAV files, they take up shit tons of space.
    Might I abuse my inexplicably awarded admin powers for one second to inform you that WAVs take up shittons (and quite a few of them, so to speak) of space as well? More than any other format you can put inside a WAD file, actually.

Now excuse while I ignore this board again which I only was reminded of because I got an email from here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:59 am