SRB2 Shelter

Welcome to SRB2 Shelter!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SRB2 Shelter

Welcome to SRB2 Shelter!

SRB2 Shelter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

How do I make an underground tunnel that has a pipe entrance and a pipe exit?

mamaluigi
    mamaluigi
    Frequent User
    Frequent User

Posts Posts : 108

How do I make an underground tunnel that has a pipe entrance and a pipe exit? Empty How do I make an underground tunnel that has a pipe entrance and a pipe exit?

Post by mamaluigi Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:40 am

Simply, read the title please! ^_^ Can someone tell me how to? I have a ceiling height on 2000, and floor on 0.
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Posts Posts : 823
    Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

How do I make an underground tunnel that has a pipe entrance and a pipe exit? Empty Re: How do I make an underground tunnel that has a pipe entrance and a pipe exit?

Post by Fawfulfan Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:13 pm

a cat
    a cat
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Posts Posts : 290

How do I make an underground tunnel that has a pipe entrance and a pipe exit? Empty Re: How do I make an underground tunnel that has a pipe entrance and a pipe exit?

Post by a cat Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:42 pm

Lower the celing height from 2000 to 500?
    mamaluigi
    mamaluigi
    Frequent User
    Frequent User

Post by mamaluigi Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:13 am

Sorry, but I meant the one that leads you underground, but at least you tried! Sad
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

Post by Fawfulfan Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:42 am

Very similar concept. You just need to use an FOF. You do know how to make FOFs, right?
    mamaluigi
    mamaluigi
    Frequent User
    Frequent User

Post by mamaluigi Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:32 am

fawfulfan wrote:Very similar concept. You just need to use an FOF. You do know how to make FOFs, right?
    Yes, I know how to make them. Also, I got the pipe right, but the inner sector just makes a barrier that doesn't let me move underground! Crying or Very sad
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Fawfulfan Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:19 pm

You need to use FOFs to create the underground room, too. The ceiling of the FOF will be the floor of the regular ground, and the floor of the FOF will be the ceiling of the underground room.

Why don't you just open up srb2.srb in SRB2 Doom Builder and look at how it was done in the real MKBZ?
    mamaluigi
    mamaluigi
    Frequent User
    Frequent User

Post by mamaluigi Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:15 am

fawfulfan wrote:You need to use FOFs to create the underground room, too. The ceiling of the FOF will be the floor of the regular ground, and the floor of the FOF will be the ceiling of the underground room.

Why don't you just open up srb2.srb in SRB2 Doom Builder and look at how it was done in the real MKBZ?
    I tried, but it has different Floor and Ceiling! Sad
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Fawfulfan Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:40 am

It shouldn't matter...just follow their model.

But I'll give you another tip: to make an underground area, you essentially have to create a huge, sunken pit in your level, and then cover up that pit with an FOF. Then, if you want a pipe to lead down into it, make a hole in that FOF, and make another FOF which will be the pipe.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:35 pm