SRB2 Shelter

Welcome to SRB2 Shelter!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SRB2 Shelter

Welcome to SRB2 Shelter!

SRB2 Shelter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Announcing the Surprise Challenge series!

Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Posts Posts : 823
    Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

Announcing the Surprise Challenge series! Empty Announcing the Surprise Challenge series!

Post by Fawfulfan Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:14 am

As some of you will be aware, a Surprise Challenge was held yesterday. It was sort of like a one-day WAD contest with a gimmick to it.

This is only going to be one of many. From now on, SRB2 Shelter will be hosting random Surprise Challenges. Some of them will involve levels, some characters. Some will last just an afternoon, others a week. Some will require you to work with a theme, others will allow your imagination to run wild!

Anyway, I would advise you to keep an eye out for Surprise Challenges. At the end of each one, the topic describing them will be moved to the Surprise Challenge Hall of Winners, and the topic will be renamed to show who won that challenge.

Happy MLK Day!
    blahblahbal
    blahblahbal
    Gold User

Posts Posts : 312

Announcing the Surprise Challenge series! Empty Re: Announcing the Surprise Challenge series!

Post by blahblahbal Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:19 pm

Just a question: How would they involve characters? I don't think it's possible to make a character even in a week, unless it was an apple or something.
    a cat
    a cat
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Posts Posts : 290

Announcing the Surprise Challenge series! Empty Re: Announcing the Surprise Challenge series!

Post by a cat Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:36 pm

I made a recolor wad in a few days.
    Kyasarin
    Kyasarin
    Gold User

Posts Posts : 77

Post by Kyasarin Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:19 pm

a cat wrote:I made a recolor wad in a few days.
    That's hardly considered making a character.
    He's referring to making an actual character, not just making Sonic green.
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

Post by Fawfulfan Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:38 pm

Well, the simple answer is that, unlike in the OLDC, we aren't looking for world-class WADs in these Surprise Challenges. We went into the first one fully aware that the results wouldn't be that great. Thus, most of the Surprise Challenges are going to be things that can either be done in a day or a week, or something that can theoretically be done in that space of time but generally shouldn't. These Challenges force you to operate under less-than-ideal conditions, and create what you can in spite of them. The person who does that best wins. That's all I can say.
    blahblahbal
    blahblahbal
    Gold User

Posts Posts : 312

Post by blahblahbal Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:21 pm

Would there also be the chance that there'll be one that has to do with custom enemies?
    a cat
    a cat
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Post by a cat Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:37 am

Maybe but I do not think he would tell you that! Can we make up our own surprise challenges?
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Fawfulfan Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:25 am

Well, you can propose surprise challenges...but not literally oversee your own.
    a cat
    a cat
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Post by a cat Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:35 pm

When will the next challenge be? Have not had one for a while.
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Fawfulfan Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:34 am

There's one going on right now!
    a cat
    a cat
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Post by a cat Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:43 pm

I'm gonna see what I can do, if I can even make a thing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:40 am