SRB2 Shelter

Welcome to SRB2 Shelter!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SRB2 Shelter

Welcome to SRB2 Shelter!

SRB2 Shelter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

SURPRISE CHALLENGE: Canceled

Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Posts Posts : 823
    Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

SURPRISE CHALLENGE: Canceled Empty SURPRISE CHALLENGE: Canceled

Post by Fawfulfan Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:34 am

This one was proposed by Blahblahbal a while ago. I don't know how many people can do this, but I'll try it anyway.

CHALLENGE: Create custom or modified enemies, and place them in a really small map to show them off. The most original enemy will win the contest, and that will be decided by an MB-wide vote.

DURATION: This Surprise Challenge will last for one week, but will be extended one more week if there are no entries by then. If there are still no entries after two weeks, however, the Surprise Challenge will be canceled.

REMEMBER! You don't need to strive for a masterpiece. Surprise Challenges are really all about applying as many skills as you can under a short deadline, so the entries aren't expected to be world-class. So far, no winning entry for a Surprise Challenge was pro-level material, so don't worry about your skill. Just have fun! Also, remember, if you are the only entrant, you'll win be default!

Last edited by Fawfulfan on Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
    blahblahbal
    blahblahbal
    Gold User

Posts Posts : 312

SURPRISE CHALLENGE: Canceled Empty Re: SURPRISE CHALLENGE: Canceled

Post by blahblahbal Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:28 pm

Uhm, I have a question: Can we start our own SCs? Not that yours aren't awesome, but are we allowed to start our own?

For this SC, I will attempt to make a snowman enemy that bounces to chase you.
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

Post by Fawfulfan Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:44 pm

blahblahbal wrote:Uhm, I have a question: Can we start our own SCs? Not that yours aren't awesome, but are we allowed to start our own?

You can't literally create your own and host them on the SRB2 Shelter, but you can propose them. In fact, I'll make a Sticky for Surprise Challenge suggestions.

blahblahbal wrote:For this SC, I will attempt to make a snowman enemy that bounces to chase you.

Cool. Cool At least we'll have one entry!
    a cat
    a cat
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Posts Posts : 290

Post by a cat Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:49 pm

I am a bit confused on how to make an enemy. Are there any easy-to-follow tutorials? I do not understand the wiki.
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Fawfulfan Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:09 am

Just try to follow everything the Wiki says, step by step. Don't look at everything at once, because it IS confusing when you do that.
    a cat
    a cat
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Post by a cat Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:58 pm

Alright I can see how I do. I might enter a speedy crawla.
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Fawfulfan Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:21 am

This is just a reminder that the Surprise Challenge Submissions will end tomorrow, unless there are no submissions by then, in which case it will be extended a week. If you submission is ready, do not delay!
    blahblahbal
    blahblahbal
    Gold User

Post by blahblahbal Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:40 am

It seems I have not had enough time to do this, with the OLDC and all, with my limited amount of time on the computer. I do have one sprite however, and the SOCcing is done.
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Fawfulfan Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:00 pm

Well, try to get it in as soon as possible...the results of the last SC were utterly humiliating.
    a cat
    a cat
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Post by a cat Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:14 pm

I have tried but I do not have enough socing experience and I FAILED to make a enemy.
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Fawfulfan Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:57 pm

Making a really simple enemy isn't all that difficult. Just check the SOCing tutorials. They may seem confusing at first (I am aware that you've looked at them and they weren't much help), but if you follow the instructions VERY carefully, you'll be able to replicate what they made on the tutorial. Creating your own simple enemy is only a small step away.
    blahblahbal
    blahblahbal
    Gold User

Post by blahblahbal Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:59 am

It appears that I will not finish it. I believe 2 & 1/2 weeks might be enough, or 3, but 2 weeks are just not enough time for me.
    Fawfulfan
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Fawfulfan Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:25 am

This is just a reminder, that the Surprise Challenge ends tomorrow morning, whether we have entries or not.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:24 pm